Discography of Dario Margeli
1. Quell’Allegro Calore (March 13, 2011) Spotify
2. Somebody Pull Me Up (BiTbear Remix) (October 3, 2011) Spotify
3. Niente Importa Tanto (BiTbear Remix) (December 16, 2011) Spotify
4. Tornare a esistere (April 2, 2012) Spotify
5. Buongiorno fino a quando servo (May 3, 2012) Spotify
6. Salvarmi da questa anarchia (April 11, 2013) Spotify
7. il sole e le palme (February 12, 2014) Spotify
8. Five little things (18 September 2014) Spotify
9. in questo momento (22 September 2015) Spotify
10. Non Sono La Mia Mente (15 February 2016) Spotify
11. Non inseguire i sogni (22 June 2016) Spotify
12. Things that are O.K. about me (22 November 2016) Spotify
13. How to respond (9 November 2017) Spotify
14. When your brain lies to you (July 7, 2018) Spotify
15. Fluido (November 7, 2018) Spotify
16. Andar por donde nunca he estado (November 7, 2018) Spotify
17. Suffering is optional (September 9, 2019) Spotify
18. Zowgheh Zendegi (June 19, 2020) Spotify
Listed above was the very basic Dario Margeli discography. Below is the extended discography. This includes the different language versions of the songs. It also includes remixes. It also takes into account remastered or even re-recorded versions. The songs have also appeared on albums which are listed here too. An explanation is provided for some of these releases.
- Quell’allegro Calore. In addition to the original version, other versions were released. First there was a version called “Piu Rock Remix”. This version that replaced the drum programming for a rock drum was released only on YouTube without mastering. The video contained footage that was not included in the original video. A third version was released called Triple Guitar Harmony Remix. The video also includes unused video footage. The recording includes guitar parts played by Hugh Williams not used in the original version. This version appears on Spotify as a single entitled Quell’Allegro Calore with a different cover image. There is also a dance remix done by BiTBear. The video for the BiTBear remix has unique footage as well.
- Somebody Pull Me Up. The first version released of this song was a rock recording. It has loud guitars by Rafa Hat Trick. A few weeks later a dance remix by BiTbear entitled Just Like Sheep was released on YouTube. This dance remix was a dub mix not containing the entire lyrics of the song. The video for the remix contained extra footage not used in the original video. Months later BiTbear did a second remix that contained the entire lyrics. This version has some new lyrics and new vocal melody on the verses. This version has been the one used ever since as the main version of the song.
- Niente importa tanto. This song first appeared in rock format produced by Dario Margeli. A few weeks later a remix by BiTbear appeared. BiTbear’s remix has been used ever since as the main version of this song. The song was also recorded in Spanish as “Nada importa tanto”. The video for the Spanish version includes footage that is different than the italian version. The drums on the Spanish rock version are different than the Italian version. There is also a Spanish version of the BiTbear remix.
- Tornare a esistere. This was the first song written and recorded. Some of the stems or tracks were recorded in 2010. Due to technical problems and lack of know how, it took 2 years before the song was finally properly released in April 2012 with the title “Dentro Un Vortice”. The first version contained a mix of lyrics in Spanish and Italian. Later a second version was released with more Italian lyrics. A dance mix made by Dario Margeli himself called “Omega Guitars Remix” was released on youTube. This version contains guitars not used in the main version. In May 2015 a dance remix made by producer Bolmer was released. This version has a video with additional footage filmed in 2015. This version was used as the main version for years. However Bolmer’s mix was a dub mix. Because of this in 2019 it was decided to take the original recording and update it and re-write the lyrics. The title of the song changed to “Tornare a esistere”. This version appears in an album called Suma which contains versions of Dario’s recordings appearing first on vinyl records. In February 2012 “Tornare a esistere” was released again with updated drums in the chorus, new synthesizers and a new bass guitar line.
- Buongiorno fino a quando servo. There is an English version called Exploited Degraded Office Workers.
- Salvarmi da questa anarchia. A month after the original release, an updated mix “Bartow/Cartier mix” was released. This is the version that has been used in the music video available on YouTube. In 2019 the song was released again with new drums and percussion. This mix appears in the Suma compilation.
- il sole e le palme. It is a rock recording. The English version is Sunshine and Palm Trees. There is an English dance version created by DJ Trikinosis. It appears on the album “Electronic”. The English dance version has a completely different music video than the original Italian rock version. There is an English version of the rock version. That English version appears on the compilation “Suma”.
- Five Little Things. In reality Five Little Things is a dance recording produced by Dj Trikinosis. The original vocal stems are from the rock version which was first released in Italian as Cinque Cose in September 2014. In February 2018 the Italian version was released again with an added string section created by Fabrizio Selli.
- In questo momento. There is a English version called Accept This Moment released as a dance remix in the PWL style. The remix was called SLL’s Retrospective remix available on the Electronic album. The video for this English version has footage that is different than the Italian version.
- Non sono la mia mente. There is an English version called “I’m Not My Brain”. The mastering on the English video version is different than the version that was exists on Spotify. The video for the English version has more footage filmed in Hampi, India. In 2019, Fabrizio Selli added synthesizers to the Italian version and that mix was released in the Suma compilation. In 2021 it was released again with improvements to the equalization, more keyboards were added and also a new bass guitar. There is an English dance version called Lysholm remix appearing on the Electronic album.
- Non inseguire i sogni.
- Things that are OK about me. After the original release, improvements were made to the drums and bass and it was remastered by Dirk and then this updated version was used for the music video. This version was released on the Fluido album. There is a synthpop electronic remix by Ziemowit that appears on the Electronic album. The electronic version has a video too with some changes from the original video.
- How to respond. A few months before its English version, it was released in Italian language as Come Reagire. There is also a guitar-oriented version of Come Reagire on the album Fluido. That version has a real drummer.
- When your brain lies to you.
- Fluido. This is a song in Italian. There is also a Spanish version with the same title.
- Andar por donde nunca he estado. This appeared in its initial version on the album Fluido. An Italian version called Nuove Prospettive was also on the Album. A few months later both versions where rereleased on the album Suma with updated new drums by Big Ev and added strings section by Fabrizio Selli. A lyric-video was created for the updated Italian version. In 2021 a lyric video was created for the updated Spanish version and so it was released as a single.
- Suffering is Optional. The first English version featured a drum loop. An Italian version was released entitled Soffrire è inutile. The Italian version used a real acoustic drummer. In 2021 new drums were recorded, the equalization was improved and both the English and Italian versions were re-released. The music videos were updated for the 2021 versions.
- Zowgheh Zendegi. There is an Italian version with title: Spirito Eterno. The lyrics of the Italian version are completely new and unrelated. The first Italian version used a drum loop. A bit later the drum loop was replaced with a real drummer and it was re-released as Spirito Eterno (Remastered). The video was updated to include a person playing the guitar. Many months later, English lyrics where created for the song and the music slightly transformed for the English version to give it a more “Smooth Jazz” feeling. The title of the English version is Pure Spirit. The English version replaces some of the lyrics parts with Jazz guitar lines. A month later Pure Spirit was re-released using a different backing vocalist and with even less lyrics and more jazz guitars. This is the link to the second English version. It is a bit hard to find the second version on Spotify by browsing because Spotify thought it is the same as the first version, so it bundled the two up together. There were two videos for the Italian version. Each of the English versions has its own video.
There have been albums as well but they consist of the above mentioned recordings. The first album was called Testa and appeared only in physical CD format. The few copies made were sold on Bandcamp. The cover art photo was taken in Perito Moreno glacier. The second album was called Mente and it only appeared on physical CD format. Most of the copies were sent to Italian music journalists and very few copies remained for the general public. Mente has an original photo as a cover art with Dario appearing looking a bit crazy. There are 3 digital albums: Electronic, Fluido and Suma. “Electronic” contains BiTbear and other dance and electronic remixes of the songs. The photo for the “Fluido” album was taken in Bordeaux France. “Suma” contains updated versions of some of the songs. These updates were created for inclusion in two physical-only Vinyl LP’s: “Dario Margeli” and “Sigma”. Both of the vinyl albums have unique original illustrations and paintings for cover art. Very few copies were made of the vinyl LP’s and they are lacquer-cut, not pressed, vinyl. There are two versions of the Sigma vinyl.
Discography ------- Title: Quell Allegro Calore Date: March 13, 2011 Catalogue #: 885767571372 ISWC: T0427828305 ISRC: uscgh1169079 BPM : 110 Key : F minor natural Key: Shur Time: 3:43 itunes url: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/quell-allegro-calore-single/id425829023 youtube video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eIJUtJT7Xc ------- Title: Somebody Pull Me Up Date: October 3, 2011 Catalogue #: 885767902282 ISWC: T0428217995 ISRC: USHM81180238 BPM : 116 Key : G minor natural Key: Navaa Time: 4:18 itunes url: http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/somebody-pull-me-up-single/id468563044 youtube video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8dLgG_4nuY ------ Title: Niente Importa Tanto (Nada Tiene Tanta Importancia) Date: December 16, 2011 Catalogue #: 885014160243 (UPC Italian Version) ISWC: T0428348677 (Italian version) T0428217995 (Spanish version) ISRC: SEyok1129154 (Italian version) BPM : 120 Key : C Major Key: Mahour Time: 4:18 itunes url: http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/niente-importa-tanto-single/id489902061 youtube video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRY_W9dD2Zo ------ Title: Dentro Un Vortice / Re-released later on with updated lyrics as Tornare a Esistere Date: April 2, 2012 Catalogue #: 885767436701 ISWC: T0428551578 ISRC: UScgj1208394 BPM : 104 Key : C harmonic minor Key: Homayoun (G / A_b-quarter / B / C/ D/ Eb / F) Time: 4:39 itunes url: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/dentro-un-vortice-single/id510190720 youtube video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PzqeRxkCEE ------ Title: Buongiorno Fino A Quando Servo Date: May 3, 2012 Catalogue #: 885767032033 ISWC: T0428452361 ISRC: uscgj1286863 BPM : 118 Key : F Major Key: Rast Panjgah Time: 3:55 itunes url: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/buongiorno-fino-quando-servo/id522964343 youtube video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=660xIdzEvpg ------ Title: Salvarmi Da Questa Anarchia Date: April 11, 2013 Catalogue #/ Barcaode: 887516933578 ISWC: T0429274032 ISRC: USCGJ1331539 BPM : 108 Key : Eb Major Key: Segah Time: 3:55 itunes url: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/salvarmi-da-questa-anarchia/id633064921 youtube video URL: ------ Title: il sole e le palme Date: February 12, 2014 Catalogue #/ Barcaode: 888174565255 ISWC: T0429919561 ISRC: uscgh1451038 BPM : 112 Key : F Harmonic Minor Key: Chahargah Time: 4:38 itunes url: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/il-sole-e-le-palme-single/id813816316 youtube video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBFA3gJMqgw --------------------- Title: Cinque Cose Date: 18 September 2014 Catalogue #/ Barcaode: Tormentone 17 ISWC: T2100308866 ISRC: ushm81494897 Distributor: CD Baby Rights Administrator: SIAE / SGAE Songwriters: Dario Margeli BPM : 109 Key : C Harmonic Minor Key: Bayat-e Esfahan Time: 4:30 Bandcamp url: http://tiny.cc/buycinque CD Baby URL http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/dariomargeli11 youtube video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4NhQduhP0A Comunicato Stampa / Press Release: http://tiny.cc/cinquecs --------------------- Title: In Questo Momento Date: 22 September 2015 --------------------- Title: Non Sono La Mia Mente Date: 15 February 2016 --------------------- Title: Non inseguire i sogni Date: 22 June 2016 --------------------- Title: Things That Are OK About Me Date: November 22, 2016 Spotify link: iTunes link: http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/things-that-are-ok-about-me/id1175819560 --------------------- Title: Come Reagire Date: November 9, 2017 iTunes link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/come-reagire/id1305357349?i=1305357364 --------------------- Title: When Your Brain Lies To You Date: July 7, 2018 iTunes link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/electronic/1405178762 -------------------------- Title: Fluido Title: Nuove Prospettive / Andar Hacia Donde Nunca He Estado Date: November 7, 2018 iTunes Link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/fluido/1440335356 --------------------------- Title: Suffering is optional (Also has an Italian version: Soffrire è inutile) Release date: September 9, 2019 (September 18 Italian version) iTunes Link: https://music.apple.com/us/album/suffering-is-optional/1477363585 ---------------------------- Title: Zowgheh Zendegi Release Date: June 19, 2020 Also has an Italian Version: Spiritu Eterno Release May 16. An English version with different arrangements was released December 23, 2020 with title "Pure Spirit"